Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sunday:

Sunday was such a beautiful day. We enjoyed the outdoors quite a bit.
The day started off with breakfast with Nathan and Blake and a few minutes of play on the porch before Kenny and Shelley came to pick them up. Our front porch works perfect for running and playing.
Chad brought Desmon over to visit the boys but they had already left. Desmon was all cleaned up to go to church with me. Chad was so proud Desmon had combed his hair to the side for church. The weather was so nice after church we went to the park for a little while.
Desmon doing a stunt:


After the park, we went to visit Desmon's great-grandma, Maxine and his great Aunt Pat who stays with Maxine and takes excellent care of her. Desmon is so sweet giving his grandma hugs and gave her the little project he made in children's church.
Dwayne worked in the yard all afternoon and I took a nap. Not used to so much kid activity anymore. lol I now understand the saying of having your kids when you're young-you just do everything and don't think a thing about it.
That evening, Dwayne and I rode the four-wheeler up to Mom and Dad's. Mom has not been feeling well and she looked a little pale. Her blood has been too low. It' such a fine line being on Coumadin, either your blood gets too thick and they have to increase the dose or it gets too thin and they have to decrease. It's a real life save but has to be monitored closely. Dad tells his history stories repeatedly, but we just smile and listen again. I find myself already doing this with my kids. I think we just want to relive memories.
It was such a nice evening out, I suggested to Dwayne we ride on down to Chad's. The ride on the gravel road was a nice slower pace and gives you time to "smell the roses" or in this case the lilacs blooming in neighbor's yards.
I hadn't been down to Chad's in awhile. He has so many flowering trees in his yard and everything looked so pretty. He is building a log barn with a breezeway in the middle. I had heard people talking about it but hadn't taken the time to go see it yet. He has a long ways to go on it but it is going to look great.
What a peaceful and relaxing day.

I am grateful for such lovely weather and family and friends to enjoy it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment