Thursday, March 15, 2012

Gavin:





I posted last week about an outing at the hay field last summer. My great nephew, Gavin was another one of the little boys there. As you can see by the pictures, he had a great time.
Along with all of the playing the boys did, one of Gavin's favorite things to do is ride in lil' chubby and be in a parade. My truck, aka lil' chubby, has a sunroof and I let the kids stand on the console and pretend to be in a parade(in my driveway). They love it, they wave and pretend to throw out candy. Gavin thinks this is the neatest thing ever. The older kids (Ashlyne, Zach, Nathan, Liz and Tess) used to do this all of the time. They are now too big but some of them still try it occasionally, but only two can fit at a time. It is now a treat for other kids that stay at the house, too. Blake, Nathan, Trevor, Xander, Kaden.....uh, you get the idea.
I remember the first time April and I had Trevor after I got the truck. He was four years old and I automatically stopped the truck when we pulled in the driveway and opened the sun roof. I told him he could stand on the console and we could have a parade. He looked at me kind of funny and stood on the console. April is telling him to wave at the people. We were so used to the other kids doing this we didn't think anything about it. Poor Trevor, he's kind of waving and looking around and then staring at us like we've lost our mind.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to share in these kid's lives.

2 comments:

  1. I was going thru your posts and saw the one of the pretty girl that you mentioned was murdered. How awful a time that was, even for those of us who didn't know them. I remember I was in Germany visiting our daughter/family and heard the news over there. Breaks my heart to think of what their hours must have been at the end...God does give us justice though, even if it can't be gained in this world..K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I usually do okay with it but there are times it just surfaces. I just can't imagine which would be worse, seeing your Mom being tortured and dying or Susan watching her children die. Those are the images that haunt me.
    This tragedy affected so many people. My oldest brother couldn't sleep much for weeks and he wasn't that close to them.
    Prayers, thank you everyone for them.

    ReplyDelete