Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Blue Be-Gone:



Our bedroom is no longer blue after almost twenty-four years. As much as I was ready for a change, I kind of hate to see the blue go. I had put up a border that matched the blue flowers on our furniture and then a few years after that I feather painted the walls. I received so many compliments on the feather painting. Most people thought it looked like wallpaper. And the biggest benefit was it seemed to hide little scuffs throughout the years.
As of today, the walls are a pale yellow and new carpet is being laid. I will be so glad to get back in our bedroom. For the past week, we have been sleeping in the living room. At least, we had our mattress set up. But I'm not used to waking up every hour from the chiming of the clock (and half hour strikes). Our dressers and nightstand are in the kitchen. This leaves little space to move around since we have an island in the middle.
It's hard to believe we built our house with three kids running around and now just redoing a room completely wears us out!! Age might have something to do with it.
We also redone our bathroom this winter. That project took much longer than a week. How could a room so small take so long?! But I love it!! We also had blue in the bathroom and now it's a darker color yellow than the bedroom. It turned out great.

I'm grateful for a husband that can do these remodeling jobs, I can't imagine the cost of hiring someone.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Blake will have a hard time with it. lol
    Especially, at age three, he notices Dwayne putting a different color handle on the toilet stool!! Very observant little boy! Couldn't believe he noticed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have to see how long it takes Blake to notice the changes. I still can't believe he noticed the handle was changed.

    ReplyDelete