Thursday, March 29, 2012

The girls and "Squid Worms":

Two of my beautiful great nieces came home with me after school for a girl's night.
We had so much fun. It's funny how you can talk and laugh and not be tired after a long day at work. Maybe I'm not so old and tired as much as making myself feel tired by laying down watching tv when I get home.
Lizzie was at the house a couple years ago when April and Blake were making squid worms by sticking spaghetti noodles in cut hot dogs and then boiling them in water. When you take them out, they look like little sea creatures. I had linguine noodles last night and they seemed to work better than the thinner noodles.
Assembling the squid worms:


I had to be different and make a hot dog man:

After:


After watching several "teen" shows and having a slumber party type atmosphere, it was time for the girls to go home and get ready for school the next day.

I am so so grateful for these little (they are still little to me) girls in my life.

3 comments:

  1. I am quite impressed with your hot dog man! You should have posted the dorky picture of you holding it that Ashlyne sent me. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She said I looked awful in that pic, I didn't see it. lol
    Thank you on the hog dog man, I used to make them for you kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky for you, I still have it on my phone! :)

    I don't remember you making them, must of just been for Chaddy and Toddy. lol

    ReplyDelete