Friday, March 9, 2012

Never too old to play dress-up:

Ashlyne & Tess:



Zach with his "mullet":



A few weeks ago Ashlyne, Tess and Zach spent the weekend. The girls were having fun dressing up and trying on each other's clothes. I think Ashlyne got the better of the outfits. Tess had on one of Zach's shirts and yes, it shows a can of chew in her pocket and a drink-totally for fun on the girl's part and yes, I remember doing the same thing growing up. My cousin's and I would pose with my Aunt Ella Mae's cigarettes in our hands and we were known to "borrow" an empty can from the trash and pretend to be drinking. It's just part of growing up and even though the girls are teenagers, it's fun to pretend. I so wish I could find the picture of April and Kelsey to post along with these when they were around that age. They totally looked goofy with rollers in their hair and I think their shirts stuffed. They couldn't hardly stand still to get their picture taken as they were laughing so hard. Such good memories.
Zachariah!! Now that's another story!! Couldn't believe he went along with it. The girls pinned Tess's hair extensions on him. We got a good laugh watching them and teasing Zach. Chad and Todd used to wear their hair short on the top and sides and long in the back as did other's in that time frame. I don't remember ever referring to the style as a mullet or even hearing the phrase. A couple years ago I kept hearing on TV people making fun of the 80's mullet hairstyle. I didn't know what they were talking about. I had to ask April what it meant and then I was like, oh the boys had their hair cut like that, we just called it a haircut. I still think calling it a mullet sounds stupid. My cousin Martha agrees with me, her son had that haircut and they didn't know it was a mullet. I guess now we know.

I am grateful for these times with the kids and the memories of our own kids growing up we get to re-invision through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment