Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend:

Friday:
Fixed one of my favorite foods for supper, chocalate chip pancakes. Normally very good but the syrup had a weird taste to it, so kind of ruined my longing for pancakes.
Saturday:
Slept late. (comes as a big surprise to everyone!! lol) Spent the morning watching TV with April. Enjoying this time together as she will be moving in the near future.
I then cleaned house, swam in the pool and then got ready to go out for Dwayne's birthday.
His big adventure started out at Family Center to buy new boots. We then drove past a friend's house in Rolla to see their new water feature and landscaping in their yard. Looks very nice. We then went to St. James to eat at Sybil's. Dwayne had asked me if we needed reservations and I'm like, no, at six o'clock in the evening we shouldn't have any problems. Wrong!! They were already booked for the evening. We went next door to Country Bob's Cafe and their food was really good. Anyone in the St. James area looking for somewhere to eat, this is a good and clean restaurant.
We then went to visit good friends, Phil and Carol. Their daughter, Jasa was home from Arizona for a few days. We also got to see Jake and his son, Dacoda. We had a nice evening visiting and getting caught up on Jasa's life. We spent a lot of time around her as she was growing up.
Sunday:
I had planned to have Dwayne's birthday supper in the evening but when I got to church, I learned a good friend of ours, Jessie Workman, had passed away. After church, I stopped by their house and ended up staying for lunch with them. Lloyd and Jessie's daughters, Carol and Janet, have become very good friends of ours through the years. Billy Elrod, Jessie's sister, was there along with her daughter, Susan. Jessie was a big part of Billy's life and always there for her kids. She will be sadly missed by all. Although it was a sad occassion, we visited and remembered happy (and sad) events in Jessie's life. I am glad they included me in their time of remembering.
I canceled Dwayne's supper to Monday evening as we went to the visitation at Vienna for Jessie. There were a lot of people, young and old paying their respects. This generation of friends is drawing to an end as there is not many left of the original Tallahasse Pig Roast group. Now we are on to the next generation (ours) of carrying on the tradition of the annual pig roast.
Monday:
I just returned to work from Jessie's funeral and funeral dinner. My heart goes out to Janet and Carol as they are having a hard time dealing with their Mother's death. Jessie has been in poor health for years so it wasn't a surprise, but a daughter never gets over needing her "Mommy". Please remember them and Lloyd in your prayers.

I hope everyone ejoys the day and remember to count your blessings as each day is a precious gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment