Friday, August 27, 2010

Late Weekend Recap:

Work and life is so hectic right now, I can't seem to get caught up.
But it is good, I LOVE my job and my life is at a good place.
Saturday:
The morning was spent watching TV with April. Good times spent together that I'm going to miss when she moves out. It's the cycle of life and I am truly happy for her and her new life in St. Elizabeth. We will still have plenty of times together, lunch, shopping, etc. I am so happy God blessed me with a daughter. I love my sons very much and we are close, but there is a special bond with a mother and daughter.
I cleaned house (a much needed job!!) in the afternoon. After supper, I went to Rolla to buy groceries. Came home, fixed corn casserole and chocolate chip cookie bars to take to Mom's for Sunday Dinner.
Sunday:
Chad came by just as I was getting up. He was leaving at noon to go to Columbus, NE to work on a job. It was good to visit with him and wish him a good trip and work challenge. Chad needs a change in life and I think this will be good for him. I miss my old "Chaddy" and it is wonderful to see that side emerge again. He is a very caring, compassionate young man and I am proud of him. Chad is a person to reach out and help anyone even at a cost to him, qualities we should all have.
After Chad left, I went to church and Pastor Karen had a very wonderful message, very inspiring.
I had a Pastor's Parrish Committee Meeting after church. It went much longer than I anticipated. Came home, rushed to get my dishes to take to Mom's for dinner. Luckily, they were all running late and didn't have dinner finished yet when I got there. I really enjoyed the afternoon visiting with my family. We hadn't gotten together for Sunday Dinner for over a month. Mom outdid herself as usual with dinner, but at almost 81 years old, I think we need to take over and let Mom have a break.
Came home and read a good book all afternoon. I fixed a Mexican supper of tacos, refried beans, and rice. Todd, April, Mike, Dwayne and I had a good evening visiting. And of course, you can't watch TV with Todd without bursting out laughing with him and all of his comments. One of a kind, Todd is!! Wouldn't trade him for the world!!
Monday:
I had a doctor's appointment in Jefferson City so April and I took the opportunity to make it a day long event. We did quite a bit of shopping and April was able to find items for her new house. Furniture shopping wasn't too good as we could not find any furniture in the style April likes (or even that I would like-you know like the old lady furniture)
We ate at El Jimador's as I had never ate there before. It was okay, but I wasn't overly impressed. We took the scenic route home. I enjoy seeing roads and houses that I haven't seen before.
Poor Dwayne, he had to heat up leftovers for supper as I didn't cook.
On another note: My doctor's appointment went very well. It was so wonderful to have good news on my health and to know I'm in a kind of "remission" on my lupus!!

I am so grateful for my health, family, job, extended family, friends, etc. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment