Monday, August 9, 2010

Wonderful Weekend:

Friday:
I went to Rolla Friday evening to buy groceries and then to pick up the neices/nephews/friends from the roller rink and take them home(three different houses to drop off kids). They always seem to have a good time.
Saturday:
Watched a little TV and made my dishes to take over to the lake for our reunion.
I started this reunion in 1997 at Meramac Springs in memory of my husband's Grandma Rea Lennaman. She had passed away in January of that year and it was a way for the family to get together. We have had family in from Florida, Washington and from around the state. The siblings Doris (my mother-in-law), Uncle LeRoy and Aunt Rita have all passed away. Aunt Carol (married to LeRoy) is the only one of her generation left. And we love her, she is a very nice lady, aunt, friend, etc.
We had a good turnout and stayed visiting on up until 8:30 that night.
Stopped by Todd's on the way home as he wasn't feeling well. I didn't realize until we got there I haven't been to Todd's house for well over a year! And he only lives five miles away! Of course, he comes home to visit, we just hadn't been over there.
Sunday:
My brother-in-law, David invited us to go to the river with him, their cousin Mark and his friend, Susie. We put in at 89 Bridge and spent the day relaxing on the river. I love to go boat riding and I enjoyed the day immensely. The river isn't as crowded over there as it is close to home so that made it even more enjoyable.
After we got back to Vichy, we headed over to Kenny and Shelley's house site to see how it was coming along. Visited for awhile but Dwayne was in a hurry to get home as April was watching Blake and Nathan. We played with the kids and just watched TV the rest of the evening.

It has been almost a year since I started blogging and there have been times I've been so busy I didn't post about some of my much loved neices, nephews, greats, etc. I hope to do better in 2011 and remember a special tribute on each one's birhday.

I am grateful for great family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment