Monday, September 12, 2011

Rod's Promotion:

My godson and nephew, Rod with me in front of the capitol:

Mom, Rod and Dad: (Very proud grandparents)

Dad standing along with all veterans being honored at ceremony:

Rod:

Rod and group:

Rod, Me, Mom and Dad:

Rod, Mom and Dad:

This picture of Mom leaning against Rod was special to her. She said it reminded her of all the times Rod sat on her lap and leaned against her as she rocked him when he was little.
Rod, Mom and Dad visiting while Dwayne went to get the truck:

Saturday, the 10th was mine and Dwayne's 34th Anniversary. We celebrated the day by taking Mom and Dad to Jefferson City for the graduation ceremony of my nephew, Rod. He was being promoted in the National Guard. The ceremony was held in the rotunda at the state capitol. I've never been to a military event before. It was very humbling and even more meaningful with the tribute to our country and military personnel being honored the day before the anniversary of 9/11.
There was also a classmate of April's, Nick Davis, graduating that day. We visited with him and his family. Another family from St. James was in the row ahead of us. Mom and Dad knew them. As they say, "it's a small world".
Mom and Dad loved getting to see Rod again. Marilyn and Eddie took us all out to eat at Ryan's. It was a great day of visiting and reminiscing.
I came home and took a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg nap. I think I slept too much, felt like I was in a coma the rest of the evening. lol
Saturday night, Dwayne went to the Masonic Lodge in Vichy. Todd, Dustin and Tim were joining. I think Todd wanted to join as it meant so much to Grandpa Andy. Times like these are bittersweet.

I am grateful for time spent with family and the anniversary of 34 years of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment