Friday, September 23, 2011

Private Showing of The Help:


Last night April and I went to the movies to see The Help. The movie started at 7 p.m. and we pull in the lot at 6:45. There were only two cars parked in front. I am rarely early for a movie, let alone get front row parking, but this is ridiculous. We felt kind of stupid walking in yet and wondered if the theatre was even open, although the lights were on inside. I decided to take a short drive and we would come back closer to 7. Well, we come back at 6:58 and there is now three vehicles there. (apparently there were watching a different movie in the theatre)
We go in and wow, the service was wonderful!! No lines, got right in!! lol
We're thinking everyone must be late getting to the movies or something tonight. Go sit down and there is NO ONE in The Help, just us. Okay, that's a little odd but other people will be in a little bit. Never did, it was only us for the entire movie. The staff never even came in once for their usual look over to see that everything was okay. I jokingly told her April I wanted to surprise her and I reserved the whole movie just for us. She didn't buy that, don't know why. lol
It was a little eerie, I whispered to April (not like anyone was in there to hear me), "we could get mugged and raped in here and no one would even know it". I wasn't entirely joking with that statement, I watch CSI after all!!
The movie lasted two and a half hours. When we came out to the lobby, the lights were dimmed and there was not a soul in sight. There was a light on in the corner office so at least the manager was there. Go to the parking lot and my truck is the ONLY vehicle. Felt like twilight zone or something, Du Du Du Du.......
I took a picture just to prove it but April thought I was a dork so I didn't zoom in or anything.

I read the book first and the movie version is quite a bit different. I think that is normal as most books I've read that have been made into a movie differ quite a bit. But the movie was very good. (don't think I'll ever look at chocolate pie the same again...Gross!!)
We've come a long way since the 1960's. I don't think people now can relate to the way things were then.

I am grateful for the changes we've made in our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment