Friday, July 22, 2011

Trio of visitors:



Dwayne and I had finished supper and I even had the kitchen cleaned, ready to relax. Then we had visitors and when I asked if they had ate, uh, no they hadn't. Well, what is a mother to do, feed her kids! So, as any good mother would do, I gave them lunchmeat and chips and let them fix it theirself. I loved it. We don't have company anymore and when we were younger, there was always someone stopping by and more often than not, I would fix supper or at least a dessert. That was the way I was brought up, you enjoyed your visits and you always provide soft drinks and some type of food/snack. I still love the unexpected visits but now I am just too plain lazy to go out of my way to fix meals unless I plan on them coming over. But the boys don't look like they mind too much, it's food! My nephew Tim was with the boys, he is always a such a gentleman when he comes over. His manners and complimentary ways are so appreciated.

I am so grateful for family.

No comments:

Post a Comment