Monday, July 25, 2011

Momma's Fried Chicken:


Mm mm, nothing better than my Mom's fried chicken!! She's the best!
I love fried chicken, but seldom fix it. I hate the mess and it never tastes as good as Mom's. Plus, I can't cut up a chicken worth a darn. Just never could get the hang of it. I used to have to call Mom for directions almost every time I cut one up. Now, I just buy the cut up pieces but it's just not the same without a pulley-bone the way Mom cuts it up and that's my favorite piece. My brother, Russ and I used to fight over it. Hard to believe, fried chicken, mashed potatoes/gravy, homemade lemon aide were most Sunday dinners growing up - after Mom got home from church. Times have certainly changed over the years. I don't fix a Sunday dinner unless we have company.
Sunday was the St. Elizabeth Picnic and we, along with Chad and Todd had planned on going over and then spend the afternoon visiting April and Mike. But when I found out Mom was frying chicken, that won out. Even though people were busy with summer activities, there was still eight teen of us present.

The weekend was spent with visiting great nieces and nephews, plus Desmon.

So thankful for family.

1 comment: