Thursday, July 7, 2011

Celebrations:

Joe and Josh pointing to their birthday cakes and candles, Joe "80" and Josh "25":

Joshua Thomas Tilley:(first born great nephew/great grandchild)


Tammy Lynn and Grandma: (first born granddaughter/grandchild)

Tammy Lynn and Grandpa:

I am so behind on my blogging. On the 25th of June, my sister had a huge birthday dinner for her husband, Joe who turned 80 on June 31st. No, that's not a typo, his birth certificate says June 31st!! He has tried to get it changed several times but they can't seem to get it corrected. I think his actual birth day is the 30th of June.
Also, celebrating was her first born grandson, Josh's 25th birthday and it was his actual birthday.

The 26th of June wasn't actually a celebration dinner but a going away event. Pastor Karen retired and it was her last Sunday preaching and being at our church. We had the biggest crowd I've ever seen at church. Karen has made such an impact on our community and was literally loved by all. We are going to miss her tremendously.

I also attended the 85th Birthday celebration of Cellus Stratman, my previous employer's, dad. I worked for Donnie several years. He became a good friend as well as his family. We also went to school and graduated together in 1975. (ironically his mother and my mother-in-law were in the same hospital room and had their babies the same day) It was great to see and visit with everyone.

Judy continued her celebration on Sunday as there was plenty of food left. Always nice to visit and enjoy "stories".

I am so grateful for the milestone birthdays we've celebrated with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment