Friday, June 4, 2010

Zachariah Troy-Elliott Rowe:

Baby Zach:


First Birth Viewing for Aunt Connie:


Todd, Daddy Troy, April, Grandma Judy, Ashlyne and Grandpa Joe's arm:


Proud Great Aunt Connie:


Messy Zach eating on the back deck:


Zachariah:


Troy & Zach:


Zach with Mardi Gras beads with Chad at Chad's Birthday:


You are not to have a favorite among kids, but if I did have a favorite great nephew, Zach would rate way up there!! He is a really sweet little guy.

Zach's birth is the first experience I've had on the other side. Kelly, his Mom let me witness the birth of Zach. What a miracle!! And I actually think it's harder not being the one in labor, you worry over the mother and want to help take away the pain. This was hard on me being with Kelly, I can only imagine how hard it would be to one day witness my own grandchild being born. (Hopefully, I WILL get a grandchild someday!! Do you get my sarcasm here? They say all good things for those who wait, but I keep waiting and waiting and waiting.............) I may not be a grandmother yet, but I have so enjoyed all of my great nieces and nephews. Thank you to the grandparents for letting me have a role in their lives. It is not to say I didn't enjoy my own nieces and nephews for I did, especially the older ones as Dwayne and I (in our dating years) would take them to the movies, swimming, or just to hang around with us. The other ones came along at about the same times as my own children so I enjoyed them but not as much one on one time.

Now, back to Zachariah Troy-Elliott Rowe!! With a name like that, he has much to live up to. Zach was a very good baby, which was such a relief after his sister, Ashlyne. Ashlyne was the first baby in the family for many years and we all spoiled her. Ashlyne was loved by all and therefore she was used to getting a lot of attention. (still does even to this day) We love her and couldn't imagine her being any other way. Zach is just a more mellow, easy going child. He loves to spend time with his Uncle Dwayne and is a very good worker. He has helped Dwayne with numerous chores, stacking brush, helping in the cane field, and doing "man jobs". When he was smaller, he would always ask Dwayne if he had any man jobs to do.
Zach has very sensitive and has a tender heart. His feelings get hurt easily, but a kind word quickly mends the hurt.

I am very grateful to Zach's parents for letting me witness his birth. It is a precious memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment