Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wonderful Weekend:

Saturday:
I went to Lindsay and Derrick Otto's wedding in Brinktown. The wedding and exchange of vows was beautiful. I enjoyed the day visiting with friends and didn't go home until around 10:30 that night.

Lindsay and Derrick Otto:

Lindsay and Derrick:

Friends since Kindergarten, Lindsay and April:

April and Mike:

April and Me:

Connie and Baby Tyler:

Sunday:
I was so tired I skipped church. We went to Mom's for Sunday dinner. An old friend and pastor of the family, Le Roy Nixon was there for the afternoon. It was nice to see him again.
Sunday supper was nothing fancy as I was still tired from being in the heat the day before. We had scrambled eggs and biscuits, nourishing but far from being a "proper Sunday evening meal".

The weekend was very nice and I got to visit with people I hadn't seen in quite some time. I especially enjoyed getting to see April's childhood friend, Katie McKinney.

Katie moved from the area during their school years. It was great to see her again and remember days of dance recitals and time with her Mom, Teri, who passed away around eight years ago. Katie and her sister, Kelsie have done very well and both excelled in their grades at school. Their Mom would be so proud of them.
Katie and April:

I am grateful to be included in Lindsay and Derrick's wonderful day. Their love is very apparent to all and I wish them the best in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment