Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
My great nephew, Nathan came over for a visit. He swam in the pool and then we went to Rolla to guy groceries. It is very rare for Nathan and I to spend one on one time, I enjoyed our evening.
Saturday:
There was an auction across the road at my Uncle Merle Feeler's house. I had been looking forward to going to the auction for quite some time but I almost backed out as I didn't want to be out in the heat. I decided I'd better go or I would regret it. I drove down and parked above the house. I didn't stay long but before leaving I walked on over to grandma's house. The door was open so I went in and looked around. I have so many good memories of being at grandma's house and often I dream of being there and visiting with grandma.
Later in the day, April and I both swam in the pool. The day was so hot it felt good just relaxing on air mattresses.
Sunday:
We had a very good Father's Day. Chad had all of us (around 26 family members) at his house for barbecue. Todd grilled pork steaks and everyone brought in covered dishes.
Neither April or I brought a camera so I wasn't able to get pictures to post. I had planned on getting in the pool when we got home but it was so hot I just opted for the air conditioning.

We had a great day celebrating father's. The boys made Dwayne's day special as he didn't have to barbecue, just relax and enjoy the day. April always gets the most special cards and gifts. The older you get the more you appreciate the times spent with your parents. I am so grateful for my Dad and the many years of I've had with him. Love you, Dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment