Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tuesday night visit:

Nathan and Lizzy (Great nephew & niece) come over every Tuesday night to visit and watch TV.  Liz and I watch Teen Mom and Nathan goes to the basement to watch TV.  The rules are for them to arrive at 6:30, so Dwayne and I have a chance to eat supper first.
I was a little surprised when I got home and found Judy (my sister, their grandma), Nathan and Liz on the front porch.  Judy said hi and said the kids said it was okay with Aunt Connie for them to be there at 5:30.  Huh?  I hadn't even talked to the kids.  I didn't make a big deal about it.  I just kind of rolled my eyes and said to Judy they know the rules of what time they're supposed to be here.  She goes, "I should have called you to check".  I said, no they're okay.  Little did I know until around 7:30 they were spending the night too............  Those little stinkers!!  lol  Which also meant I would have to go in a little early to work as I would be taking them to school.  Oh, well.
Lizzy went over to the neighbors to visit a friend, Dwayne was cutting fence posts and Nathan and I didn't have anything to do.  I suggested cards but he didn't want to do that.  Then he says, "hey, we  could go to Dairy Queen".  I said, "okay, let's go".  He was like,  "I was just joking but are you really taking me to Dairy Queen for ice cream"?  He was shocked, but I figured I needed to give him some one on one time as it's usually just me and Lizzy doing things.  It was a nice drive and he talked about his feelings about his step-dad's dying and a few other things on his mind.  When we got into Rolla, he asks me if I like the Dodge Nitro's.  I'm like, "I'm not really into sports".  He said, "WHAT"?  I said, "I really don't like sports at all".  He started laughing and said, "Aunt Connie, Dodge Nitro is a car"!  I really lost it then and we had a good laugh.  I thought it was a sports team.  You know, like Dallas Cowboys or St. Louis Cardinals.  Lol
Lizzy came home and then started working on a science project.  (Great, I just had Susan clean the house yesterday).  She was using tissue paper and gluing onto cardboard.  She cleaned up her mess but you know kids, I now have little pieces of tissue paper on the counter top and under the bar stools.
Darn!!  If only they had come the night before Susan cleaned.  Lol
Liz and I got fooled as Dwayne wanted the TV so we had to wait until he went to bed to watch our show.
Overall, we had a nice evening.  These kids wanting to come visit us "old" people means a lot to me.
I hope they retain these memories into their adulthood.  But they will be like the older kids, outgrow us with time.

I am grateful for these two and the joy of them thinking I'm not Great Aunt Connie but a special aunt.

3 comments:

  1. You are like the most fun great aunt ever! No wonder they like coming to your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just try to give them attention when they come over is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ramona -- you have to be the funnest aunt and uncle ever. I bet they won't forget you. K.

    ReplyDelete