Thursday, April 3, 2014

Grief:

I had planned on posting about the rest of my trip on Monday, but it was a busy day at work.
Then news hit that a young man the boys went to school with killed himself (and rode the bus with).
Then yesterday my great nephew, Nathan and great niece, Lizzy's stepdad was one of the soldier's killed at Fort Hood, TX.  I hurt so bad for them.  Nathan is taking it pretty hard and Lizzy says she's just fine, but I know it's really affecting her, too.  She just holds things in.
I know death is a part of life, but I'm having a hard time dealing with so many deaths in just the last couple months.  I know I shouldn't fixate on death, but it seems as if it clouds my thoughts more than it should.  I'm reading a book on faith and dealing with grief, so hopefully I will get this worked out in my head.
Are others of you going through this same thing?  I used to deal with death easier, even with the tragic murder of my friend and her children.  I don't understand why I'm having such a hard time now.

I am grateful for God and the strength he gives me each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment