Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Busy Weekend:

Friday:
I was so tired Friday and was looking forward to a relaxing evening at home.  Well, that didn't happen.  lol
Lizzy and Nathan's step-dad, Timothy Owens was one of the soldiers killed at Ft. Hood, TX last week.  Lizzy needed a funeral dress as the funeral will be in Ft. Hood and there is a possibility they will meet the President.  We shopped at Kohl's and found a really cute dress and an outfit for the trip. We then went to Penney's and she found another dress as they will have more than one occasion to attend.  Do you know how hard it is to find an appropriate black dress for a pre-teen?  We had to finish off our shopping by going to Dairy Queen for a milk shake.  Shopping is hard work!!
We finished the evening by Lizzy modeling her clothes for Uncle Dwayne (who thought she looked entirely too grown up in them...)  We watched "our" shows on TV and I fell asleep in the chair long before the shows got over.
Saturday:
We slept late and lazed around all morning.  Lizzy accidentally got the wrong size of cami at Penney's so we needed to make another trip into Rolla.  Can't have too much shopping.  lol
Went to several stores and then ate lunch at Arby's. We went to my friends, Mike and Susan's house but I forgot they had went to Kansas City for their daughter, Carrie's birthday.  I showed Lizzy their yard and how pretty it is.  Mike made a zip line for their grand kids but I was afraid for us to use it in case we broke something.  Looked fun though.
We were both tired when we got home so both of us took a nap.  Much needed for me, I slept along time.  I woke up to the sound of Zach's dirt bike.  Went outside and Lizzy was on the 4 wheeler.  Mom and Dad were at the end of the road talking to Dwayne where he was cleaning a fence row out.  Lizzy took me for a ride up to where they were.  What fun!  The kids rode for awhile and then time for a lazy Mom supper of frozen pizzas and hot dogs.  Tony and Nathan came over later to pick Lizzy up and Zach spent the night.  Nathan showed me all the clothes he got for the trip.  Lizzy asked if it was okay to be excited about riding in a limo and meeting the President.  I told her it's okay to joy amongst the sorrow.  I think Lizzy will do okay with the trip and funeral, but I still worry about her as she holds things in.  Nathan is not doing very well dealing with Tim's death and all that they're going through.  I think after he sees his Mom, he will do better.  Will be a very stressful week for them.
Sunday:
I went to church and we had a great sermon.  Afterwards, I went to Mom and Dad's.  We've all been so cooped up this winter due to the weather.  I asked Mom if she wanted to go on a ride and she said yes, to Meramac Springs.
Iron Mine
Momma
Mom looks really good in this picture.
She's had a rough winter, health wise.
Dad
Mom and Dad reminisced a lot about our years making molasses at Old Iron Works Days at Meramac Springs.  We had some good memories.
 
We then went to visit my cousin, John Williams and his wife Charlotte.  John has been very sick and in and out of the hospital.  Dad asked if I knew how to get there.  I said, "just hide and watch".  Well, the joke was on me; I took the wrong route.  Rosati is just outside of St. James on the service road.  I forgot and took the interstate and had to backtrack.  Never brag on yourself!!  It backfires!!
I went home and took another nap.  I needed it as I've been so exhausted.  Sure don't need another relapse.  Hard to take it easy sometimes when you're used to being on the go all the time.
 
Had a great weekend of visiting family.  I am grateful for these times.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment