Monday, April 14, 2014

Busy Weekend:

Friday:
Dwayne and I went to Rolla shopping.  I really love baby shoes and Cash has outgrown all of his.  We went all over town and couldn't find anything.  Finally found a pair of sandals at PayLess.
I couldn't figure out why my grocery bill could be as high as it was.  Forgot Dwayne bought two batteries for his tractors-oh, that's why it was over $200 higher than normal.  Ugh!
Saturday:
A great day at home.  Did a few odd jobs around the house.  I don't know how I could stuff so much in one closet!
Washed the porch off and cleaned out the flower bed by the road and put down new mulch.
Then I went up to see Mom and Dad for awhile.  They had a good day being outside on the porch.
Went home to take a shower and then Zach came over to spend the night.  Dwayne was over at Vichy cleaning around the lake so we drove over there.  Got there and no Dwayne.  Called him and he was eating a cheeseburger at Sput's.  Good deal, me and Zach joined him and then I didn't have to cook supper.
They went on home in Dwayne's truck and I went to Mike and Susan's to see their kitchen.  Susan and painted and put tile up around her cabinets.  She's is so good at doing things like that.  The tile just matched all of her Southwestern decorations.
Dwayne went to Masonic Lodge and I could tell Zach was getting a little bored.  So we went in to Rolla and got a milkshake at Dairy Queen.  Zach drove.  Imagine a fifteen year old that doesn't like  to drive!  lol  We then went by my niece Kristin's to see her and her two boys, Kaden and Kaleb.  I always love it when I visit as Kaden gets so excited and yells, "Aunt Connie, I've missed you!!" and runs and gives me a big hug.  Kaleb says, "and me".  His favorite thing to say after anything Kaden does.  Before you think Kaden thinks I'm special, he does that to everyone that visits.  His excitement is just so cute.
We came home and watched Titanic.  I had never seen it before.
Sunday:
I went to church and Dwayne and Zach started cleaning the yard.  So many limbs and leaves everywhere.
We had a barbecue that evening for all the April birthdays.  Todd barbecued pork steaks and several of our friends came over.  We had a good time visiting.
Bless Dwayne; he cleaned the kitchen up after everyone left.  I've kind of been having a flare-up with my lupus and have been extremely exhausted.  He helps me so much in the kitchen anymore, almost nightly.  I think he's a keeper.  lol
 
I am grateful for my family and friends and especially for my husband.

2 comments:

  1. I got tired just reading about your weekend! Sorry you are having flare-ups...not fun. I agree, I think Dewayne is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete