Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend:


Friday:
Dwayne worked in the hay field and just lazed around the house.  I should have been finishing up the stain on the front porch but laziness won out.
Ashlyne came over with Alyk, the little boy she was babysitting.  He played with the toys for quite awhile and then put them all back in the can.  He seemed like a good little boy and didn't cry any.  While they were still there, Zach came over.  He had run all the way from Judy's house and was a little worn out.  Zach spent the night with us and we watched, guess?  Yep, that's right, Pawn Stars!  I don't think Dwayne ever gets tired of that show. 
Saturday:
Woke up to rain once again.  Ruined Dwayne and Zach's day of baling hay so they just went to the lake in Vichy and fished all afternoon.
I went over to April's and from there we went to Mary's Home for Erica's wedding.  The was a huge crowd and the church was packed.  The reception hall was beautiful and we had a good time visiting with friends.
Went back to April's and watched TV with her and Mike for awhile.  I didn't get home until around nine and Dwayne called and said to come on down to Chad's as they were playing cards.  Chad had a neighborhood barbecue for Father's Day.  Todd did the grilling and Chad the side dishes.  The pork loin melted in your mouth.  Late evening getting home but overall a good day.
Sunday:
I didn't go to church as I wanted to help Mom with dinner. She fried five chickens and the rest of us brought in side dishes and dessert. Mom makes the best fried chicken.


 All of us were home except Russ and he came up during the week. Katie took some pictures of April, Mike and little baby Holtmeyer. They turned out good but I don't have any to post. We had a great afternoon visiting and Mom's friend, Imogene came down.  It was good to see her.  She is the one Mom and I went to visit in March when Mom fell and broke her ankle.  Imogene's husband, Tom had passed away in January.  They've been good friends to the family since I was young.

I am grateful for another Father's Day spent with my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment