Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend:

Friday:
Dwayne and I went to Belle and ate at Tastee Treat.  Dwayne's cousins, Marty and Bridgette Elrod bought it last year and we wanted to give them our business.  We watched the storm moving in and it looked pretty wicked.  We then went to Dwayne's cousin, Reba's house for a visit.  The closer we got to her house the worse the storm looked.  Once inside visiting, we forgot about the storm.  Reba is my favorite cousin on the Elrod side.  She always sends me cards and occassionally we have both sent cards to each other on the same day  Her daughter, Bette Jo is the same way.  Bette made me a Grandmother's quilt and mailed it to me the week after we found out April was pregnant.
 
Saturday:
Another yucky day of weather.  Lizzy and Zach came over for the day.  Zach and Dwayne worked on grading the driveway or "man's work" as Zach used to call anything he did with Uncle Dwayne when he was little.
Lizzy and I fixed lunch and then watched TV for awhile before heading to Rolla to buy groceries.
Of course, a trip to town calls for a milkshake from Dairy Queen on the way home.
I had meant to buy some flowers for Mom and Dad for their 66th Anniversary but we forgot and just visited with them for awhile.
I fixed a nice supper of fried pork chops, biscuits, mashed potatoes n gravy, etc.  The kids seem to like a sit down meal when they visit.
After supper, Zach had to go home but Lizzy spent the night.
 
Sunday:
Tony picked Lizzy up to go to their church.  I finally started back to Sunday School.  So glad I did, I missed the fellowship of class members.  Our church service was very nice.  We had special singing and an even more special singing from the children.  Our pastor will be leaving at the end of the month and there was a going away dinner for him after church.  After a good message, (a few tears) we had communion followed by a meal downstairs.  I didn't stay as we were having company over for dinner but I did go down to see the decorations.  They were beautiful.  Debbie Adkins and her sister, Cindy Curtis had done the decorating and they did an outstanding job.
We had all of our kids home for Sunday dinner plus Desmon and Kadence.  We had a good time visiting and I'm always glad when we can get together.
 
I am grateful for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment