Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mini Family Reunion:

Dad and Russ
Rena and Mom

Last week we went to my brother, Russ' house for a small Williams Family Reunion.  My cousin Ron and his wife were visiting their daughter's in Joplin from California and Russ was a good mid point for everyone to meet.  I wish I would have taken pictures, but I "borrowed" these from Julie's facebook and this is the only two she's posted so far.
Ron is the son of my Uncle Glenn Williams, mom's oldest brother who moved to California about sixty-five years ago.  Even though Uncle Glenn lived so far away, I was closer to him than my other uncles.  We've visited out there a few times and took our kids out on a loooooooong road trip in 1996.  Uncle Glenn was the last of Mom's nine siblings to pass away last year.
Ron hasn't been back to Missouri since they moved away when he was two.  Ironically, his daughter Julie and her family moved to Joplin, MO about ten years ago and love it.  Her sister, Robin and her family moved to Joplin a few years later.  Their brother, Tony is a full fledged California and will probably stay out there.  Their brother, Chad (who we named our Chad after) sadly died of leukemia when he was six years old.  Our Chad's middle name is Anthony and Aunt Emma always thought we named him after both of Ron's sons.  I never corrected her as we picked Anthony because we liked it and it went well with Chad.
Of course, my cousin Otis is the life of any gathering.  He can make you laugh with about anything he says and you never know what will come out of his mouth.
We had a good afternoon visiting and reminiscing.

I am grateful for my Mom's family, the Williams'.

No comments:

Post a Comment