Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend:

Friday:
Friday was my afternoon off.  I spent the afternoon mowing the yard and by the road.  It's a good three hour job.  Dwayne worked getting the tractor and equipment ready for planting cane.  We then went down to Chad's and wound up visiting with Chad, Todd and Tim for awhile.  Supper was then a fast mix of scrambled eggs, ham with toast.
Saturday:
I started out the day being kind of lazy, just watched TV and did a few household chores.  In the afternoon, I started staining our front porch.  This is no fast and easy job as the covered porch is 40' x 12'.  Nathan came over to spend the day as Tony and Lizzy were going fishing and he is like me, not too much into it.  Here is a picture of the bass Lizzy caught out of our lake in Vichy.
After a few hours staining, Nathan and I went to the field to check on Dwayne and then to visit Mom and Dad.  After supper, we spent the evening watching Pawn Stars.  Lizzy was pretty excited when her and Tony stopped by to pick up Nathan.  She caught the bass and a few others at our lake and then went to another lake and caught twenty. 
Sunday:
I went to Sunday School and Church.  We had a lay person as our speaker and he did a good job.  Was nice to see fellow classmate, Mick Byrd and his wife, Debbie visiting.
Each week, we have someone purchase the flowers for the altar.  It is usually honoring or remembering someone.  This week, I had the announcement of April and Mike's baby, due in October.  There are two bouquets.
The first one I put in an old pitcher I got from Dodie and used one of her old doilies with it.
 
Looks so pretty in the old vase.
The second bouquet, I put in the pink pitcher Granny Rea gave us for a housewarming gift along with one of Granny Rea's doilies.
April was very close to her great grandma, Granny Rea.  We went over to April and Mike's in the afternoon and gave her Granny Rea's pitcher and doilie with the bouquet of flowers.  We watched a movie with them and then headed home.
We spent the rest of the evening relaxing.  Lizzy came down to visit before dark and I took her to Mom and Dad's as she was spending the night there.
 
I am grateful for yet another family filled weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment