Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weekend:

Friday:
Our summer schedule at work is every other Friday afternoon off.  My Fridays coincide with April's Friday afternoons off so we went to the lake shopping.  We had a great afternoon. I only bought one little shirt and one size 0 pair of baby boy shoes.  Pretty good, I think.  lol
After I left April's, I went on over to the lake where the guys were finishing setting everything up for the weekend.  Little Nathan was so glad to see me.  I told him I had missed him and he says, "I Know!"  Blake is getting older and a little more reserved at hugs, but he was the same way when he was younger.
Nathan

Saturday:
I took Mom and Dad to several cemeteries and then home to fix my covered dishes for the fish fry.
Ashlyne and Tess came over and they are such a big help on getting the car loaded.  Debbie brought Kadence and Desmon down to go over with us.
Dacoda & Phil

Graceson, Frankie's little boy

Chansyn
Braxten & Chansyn
Andy's little boy and girl

Sunday:
Busy morning of food preparation to take for the pig roast.  Debbie came and picked Kadence and Desmon up as they had plans for the day.  Once again, Ashlyne and Tess were real troopers at loading everything for me.
The pig roast turned out really great and we had a beautiful weekend for it.
Me, Nathan & Chansyn
Chansyn
Chad, Kenny, Zach, Todd, Dwayne
Zach, Todd, Dustin & Dwayne
About half of the kids that were there

I think the pig tasted better this year than it ever has, really good.  We all had a good time visiting, playing washers, the kids blowing bubble, egg races and just an overall great weekend.

I am grateful for my father-in-law leaving his lake to us and the opportunity to carry on the tradition of the annual pig roast.  Such fond memories throughout the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment