Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend:

Friday:
We have started a new summer schedule at work and get every other Friday afternoon off.
I had a doctor's appt. in Jeff City so that worked great for that.  While in Jeff, I treated myself to a Pedicure for Mother's Day.  I've only had two done my entire life.
I picked out a light shimmery apricot color and the guy said, "Did you pick this out?"  Uh, yeah.  He says, "No, I will not do.  Too light of a color, pick something else"  Okay.  I'm not into polish that much and usually go with a safe lighter color.  I branched out and picked a pretty orange polish.  I take it back to the table and once again, "Did you pick this out?"  Uh, duh, who do you think just walked over to the shelf to pick out another color?  Superman or something?  "Yes, will it not work?"  He says, "No, no this is fine."  Another guy does the pedicure and when it comes time to do the polish, he picks up the bottle and says, "Did you pick this color out?"  "Uh, Yeah, won't it work?"   "Yeah, it will work."  Whew, who knew picking out a color was such a dilemma.  My toe nails look rather stylish now.
What is a Friday evening without going to Wal-Marts to buy groceries.  We finished the evening by eating at Arby's and making it an early night.
 
Saturday:
April and I went to Chesterfield shopping.  We had a great day and found a new favorite store, Buy, Buy Baby.  Very nice baby items and reasonably priced.  We might have got a little carried aways buying baby clothes.  We had to buy both boy and girl-but it was all on clearance so we didn't go overboard on price.
We ate at The Cheesecake Factory.  I had always wanted to eat at one.  I was surprised at all the different menu options.  We ate so much we didn't have room for what they are famous for-cheesecake.  The food was good.
We got home in time to look over what all we had bought plus I went "shopping" upstairs with my stash of baby clothes I've bought through the years.  Oh, my gosh!!  I had tons of baby shoes (my secret baby passion) and several outfits.
We then went to Vienna for Sandy's 50th Birthday Party.  There were alot of people there and we had a good time.
 
Sunday:
We had planned on all of us going out for breakfast for Mother's Day.  Instead, Dwayne cooked a huge breakfast for us.  It turned out great and I think a better idea than going out.
I rented the movie, Guilt Trip as I thought Chad and Todd would like it as I may or may not have tendencies to be in their life too much..........  It was a funny movie and we all enjoyed it.


While watching the movie, Desmon started reading the wording I have on the living room wall.
Family is one of life's greatest blessings.  Desmon looked around the room and said, yes, the whole family is here.  For some reason, he always talks about family and respects each of us.  We love that little guy.
My beautiful flowers from Chad.
I didn't get any pictures of the tulips April and Mike bought or the ones from Todd.  I will have to get a picture of them after they were set out.  Such pretty colors.
 
I had a wonderful Mother's Day with our kids.
 
I am grateful for being a mother and spending time with them.



1 comment:

  1. The Cheesecake Factory's menu overwhelms me - too many options :)

    Glad you had a great Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete