Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend:

Friday:
Dwayne is working four ten hour days and off on Friday.  Unfortunately, he has not been feeling well and spent the morning at the doctor's office.  His blood pressure is running high (and he's already on bp medicine) and he may have broken his wrist-about three weeks ago but he's just now going to the doctor with it.
Dwayne wanted pizza for supper so I picked up one at Quik Spot on the way home.  We ate on the front porch and it was a beautiful evening out.  Lizzy called to see if her and Nathan could come over and wait for their Mom to pick them up at nine.  Nathan went to the basement to watch TV and Liz and I went through some of the baby items I have at the house.  I had bought a crib bumper set for April if it's a girl and April thought it looked too girly.  Lizzy thought the same thing.  So, I guess if it's a girl, I will have a girly crib set.  That's okay, I love it and think it's exceptionally pretty.
Zach came over and spent the night.  We had missed him, hadn't seen him in several weeks.
Saturday:
Dwayne fixed us breakfast and then him and Zach went to the lake to clean up and get ready for our pig roast on Memorial Day.
I had a graduation party to go to for my cousin's daughter, Samantha.  I must be getting older as I was thinking-hey, it's not been that long since Sam was born!!  I got to visit with aunts and uncle and a couple of cousins I hadn't seen in years.  I was hoping my cousin, Beverly would be there but she was helping an elderly neighbor of hers on Saturday.
Left there and went to a double birthday party at the lake.  Dusin's little boy, Xander had turned six on the sixteenth and Andy's girlfriend's little boy had just turned two.  I had a good time and held Andy's baby Braxton for quite awhile.  He's such a good baby and just jabbers and laughs at himself all the time.
Dwayne fixed kabobs and they were very good along with all the other dishes people brought.  A nice relaxing afternoon.
That evening, Dwayne, Zach and I went to Sput's for a fish fry.  Our friends, Mike and Susan came over and we visited quite awhile.  I saw several friends I hadn't seen in quite some time.  Dwayne and Zach left to go fish for cat fish and I stayed for awhile.  A very good time.
Sunday:
Zach and I left for church.  I started to not feel very well on the way over.  After I dropped Zach off I turned around and went home.  I slept for a couple of hours.  (and no, I did not drink the night before.  My drink of choice is Sun Drop).  Dwayne and I were really tired and lazy.  We spent the afternoon watching movies.  We had planned to work in the yard but that didn't happen.  We needed to go buy groceries and we went to Wal-Mart.  Seemed like we were zombies walking through the store as we were both so tired.  Went thought the drive-thru at Wendy's and got a sandwich.  This is unusual as Dwayne doesn't like drive-thrus, he'd rather go in.  Goes to show how tired he was.
We planned on going to bed early but we started watching a movie and seven and thought it would go off at nine.  Nope, it was a four hour movie and didn't get over until eleven o'clock!!  Poor Dwayne, he had to get up at two thirty to leave for work.  We will both be glad when this job ends and he can work closer to home.  He works so hard.
Overall, this was a nice weekend.

I am grateful for times spent with family and friends.  Please pray for my husband to get to feeling better. 

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you all this weekend! The kids are counting down the days and I have to admit I am too.. I moved my schedule around so I don't have to be at work this weekend until Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I called Dwayne Saturday night, Nathan had to talk to "his" Connie. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan missed you! He wanted to see you in walmart the next time we were there. He was like well she was here last time.. Hope he gets his Connie time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete