Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend:

Friday:
Dwayne and I went to Mike and Susan's to visit and to also see Carrie, Ryan and their three kids, Avery, Evan and Ellie.  Kay and Kassie were there too.  We always enjoy seeing the kids and how much they have changed between visits.  They refer Dwayne as the cowboy and I'm the cowboys' wife.  lol
Saturday:
April came by for breakfast and then we headed out to Springfield to do some shopping.  I think all the neighboring towns were in Springfield.  I've never seen the traffic that congested, even around Christmas.  We were pleasantly surprised to see Kara and Parker at the mall.  I was glancing at the cute baby in the stroller and then looked again as it was Kara and Parker!  Quite a coincedence in that big of a mall and as crowded as it was.

    Parker Bradley
 
We bought a few items but overall not much.  At least we saved money.  lol
Dwayne called on our way home and was heading over to Sput's for a fish fry.  We decided to go over on our way home and visit.  Kristin was there with Ashlyne, Kaden and Kaleb.  Kaden was soooo excited to see "His April" and told her he had missed her so much and he loved her very much.  He hasn't really seen her that often but she has picked him up from Kristin and brought him out to the house a few times.  I guess in his eyes that is alot.  My nephew, Michael was  there with his little boy Gavin who is almost six.  He told Chad when April sat by him he had found a real hottie.  I don't know why little kids talk that way.  It was cute, but I still think inappropriate for a little boy to be talking that way.  Kaleb wouldn't have anything to do with anyone except Uncle Dwayne.  He cried when he had to leave.  We visited awhile with Dwayne, Chad and a few other friends there and then headed over to Mom and Dad's.  They were super excited to see April.  Dad told her he was going to spoil this baby and would teach him/her to jig dance in no time.  Mom is doing okay but getting very tired of just sitting and not being able to get around.
Sunday:
Dwayne and I headed over to April and Mike's.  We got quite a bit of snow during the night but the roads were okay until we got to Highway 52 and then it was another story.  They received so much more snow over that way and more was coming down.  It looked like a blizzard.
Dwayne and Mike painted the nursery while April and I played lazy all afternoon watching movies.
I think the kids missed us being home as Lizzy called wanting to come over and then Ashlyne called with the same request.  Zach and Ashlyne walked over in the snow after we got home.  We spent the evening watching TV and Zach typing up a report.  Needless to say, I did not let them walk home at nine o'clock in the snow and freezing weather.  After driving that short distance I was dreading driving to work this morning.  The highway was clear but Highway A was snow and ice covered.  Luckily, I didn't slide any.  Nice Spring weather!!  lol
I am grateful for the weekend spent with family and friends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment