Thursday, March 7, 2013

Nonna's Boys:

Nathan and Nonna
(I may or may not have let Nathan have a few sips of my Sun Drop..........)
lol
Nathan with Dwayne's hat
B
"Blake the Bullrider"
on
Zach, the "bull"
Ashlyne, Nonna & Nathan

Tuesday evening I picked Zach up after track practice and then Ashlyne came over to the house to pick him up.  We invited them to eat supper with us and go over to Kenny and Shelley's to see their new house.  Zach and Ashlyne have both been around Blake and Nathan quite a bit and were looking forward to seeing them.
We hadn't been to see the house since they moved in so we were excited to see the finished product.
The house turned out great and the rooms and decor all flows nicely.  I love the size of Shelley's kitchen and dining room.  I could use that size for our family dinners.

When Nathan started to talk, he called me Nonna and still does.  I was amazed he was so happy to see me when we got there and sat on my lap several times throughout the evening.  I was even MORE AMAZED at how he can do the DSL game (or whatever you call it).  These young kids just take to technology so fast.  I see kids no bigger than toddlers using cell phones, etc.  I just can't seem to get the hang of it.

Blake was so excited to see Ashlyne.  She used to babysit him and he just loves her.  Nathan wanted her to spend the night and babysit.  lol  Actually, he wanted me to spend the night too.  I told him he could go home with me and then immediately realized he's too young to know I was just kidding and was afraid he would take me up on it.  Would have been okay except his daycare isn't on my way to work.  Luckily, he was okay with that.

The boys had Monster Trucks on TV and Dwayne couldn't hardly visit with Kenny for watching TV.  I think we may just have to go see them when they're in St. Louis again, looks pretty exciting.

Blake has always wanted to be a bull rider and Zach played along with him and was his bull.  We had to count each time he rode.  The bull was a little wild and sometimes he didn't make the eight seconds.
They were both worn out when they got done.

We had a great time visiting and I am grateful for this family that came into our life when by chance April started babysitting Blake when he was two years old.  A great friendship has been formed.




2 comments:

  1. It was great having you all come over! Nathan said he really liked that you were at his house.

    Next year when its time for Monster Jam I will let you know when we get tickets and if your interested we can all try to sit together. It is a lot of fun watching the trucks. And the watching the boys see them and their reactions

    ReplyDelete