Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend:

Saturday:
Still not sleeping good so up earlier than I normally like.
I finished up the sealer on the bay window, not too happy with it.  It bubbles up some on the finish.  Dwayne sanded it down once for me so I could put another coat on, he said he would sand it again for me but I think I'm going to call it done.  Hung a couple pictures in the bedroom and some laundry then it was time for April to be there.  We had two baby showers to go to.  I was afraid with the weather like it was there wouldn't be a very good turnout but both showers had alot of people there.  My car is now so muddy from the gravel roads it looks like someone spray painted the lower half of the car with tan paint.  I imagine it will look that way for the rest of Spring.
After the baby showers, we stopped by to visit Mom and Dad.  Dad was in rare form today!!  He always talks alot and tells you quite a bit of history, but today he was in even more of a talkative mode than usual.  Poor Mom, you can barely visit with her for Dad talking. She did get to give April some of her recipes to write down.  One was for home made icing and I had forgot we used to make it like that all the time, so used to now just buying the tub of icing. They both felt really good today and we had a great visit.
After April left, I made a big pot of soup, way too much for Dwayne and I so I planned on taking it over to April's the next day.
Sunday:
Again, waking up way too early.  But I get alot accomplished that way just not used to the early morning hours.  I made a cake before I went to church and then actually made home made icing.  I didn't have any in the cabinet and with Mom refreshing my memory yesterday I made fudge icing.  It does set up better than the bought kind.
After church, Dwayne and I loaded up the truck and headed for April and Mike's.  Chad and Todd were going to go with us but had plans at the last minute.
Dwayne and Chad had installed a new countertop and tiled the backsplash last month. Dwayne still needed to put up a few trim pieces.  It turned out good and certainly looks a lot better than the old white counter top and tile.

                                                                             Before:


After:




I had made copies of Dodie's handwritten instructions for Liverpool Rummy and gave them to April along with three decks of cards.  We spent many Sunday afternoons playing cards with Grandma Dodie and Grandpa Andy.  If you didn't play cards or a board game when you came to visit, Grandma Dodie would get offended.  She loved her games.
After eating the soup and grilled cheese, we played a couple games.  Dwayne and April were the winners and I felt like a sore looser as I did so bad.

We had a nice weekend getting out of the house.  Dwayne has not had any work due to the weather the past few weeks and he is getting a little tired of being inside.

I am grateful for the nicer weather and a weekend of visiting with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment