Thursday, March 28, 2013

Grandparent's Gift:

 



Lizzy and Nathan came over yesterday evening to help me buy Easter food and eggs.  When we pulled in the driveway, Lizzy (of course, she notices everything) started yelling there's a package on your porch.  Out the car door she went.  More excited talking as she said it says, "World's Best Grandma" on it.  I knew immediately it was from Bette Jo.
It is a rag quilt in soft flannel.  It's for my house if it's a boy and April's house if it's a girl.  I so appreciate Dwayne's extended family and the love they have shown me.

Bette also sent a card to us the day she found out we were getting a grandchild.  My cousin, Martha sent one this week.  I meant to take of picture of Martha's card last night but forgot to.  Martha is always so thoughtful at sending cards.  We may not see each other much but we keep in touch and we know we can count on the other if we have any problems in life.

I am so grateful for the greetings of gladness we've received from so many people upon hearing we're to be grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment