Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Janet:



My friend Janet who passed away in 2011 birthday would be tomorrow.  I wanted to go down on her birthday to put flowers on.  While shopping in Jefferson City Saturday, I ran across these cute little pinwheels that happened to be in the same exact colors of the dresses we wore in Janet's wedding years ago.  Janet's was blue and this same shade and mine was the mint green, also this same shade of green.  What an appropriate way to remember Janet.  Dwayne is working out of town this week so I had him go with me Saturday evening to the cemetery.  (Good thing as will all the rain, there is no way we could have made it across the field in the mud).  This cemetery is in the middle of a field without a road going across.  You just drive in the middle of the field the best way you can.  I also don't want to go by myself as it's very isolated and kind of creepy.
April and I went there one summer evening a few years ago to see our neighbor's sons new tombstone and it was the eeriest feeling while there.  In one are of the cemetery we kept smelling a strong flower smell.  We searched everywhere but could not find any living flowers or vines.  We only smelled it in one section.  Along with it being dusk and the middle of nowhere it felt very eery.  We never could figure out where the strong flower/perfume smell was coming from.
I visited with Janet's Mom and Dad a couple weeks ago and they seem to be doing pretty good.  Bev is able to talk about Janet some now.  Charles and Bev have both been in poor health this winter.  I think the tulips Mom sent cheered her up some.

I am grateful to have know Janet for a childhood friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment