Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend:

I haven't done a weekend post in quite some time.
Friday:
One of those days at work when you think, "how many more years do I have to work" days.
Saturday:
Pretty much a relaxing morning of sleeping late, coffee and watching TV.  I needed this me time of doing nothing very much.
Dwayne came home from farm errands around noon.  He sold a few cows this week and had a seldom free weekend to just relax and hang around the house.
That evening we went to Labodie to Bill and Lynn's (Dwayne's cousin) house for a barbecue and delayed wedding reception.  It was great visiting with family we don't get to see that often.  Lynn plays the guitar and even got up and played a few songs with them. We had a very good time.
Sunday:
I went to church and also broke the law all in one morning.  I know, not very good, huh?
The bridge has been out for two months on our highway and we've had to go around through gravel roads.  I saw an opening where people had been driving around the barricade onto the bridge and across.  I cautiously decided to try it. 
When I got home, Dwayne and I loaded up some items for the wedding and headed over to St. Elizabeth.  April fixed dinner for us (million dollar spaghetti-very good).  Dwayne and Mike watched TV and April and I spent time going through wedding decorations. 
I decided we should take a walk on the track but it was much more humid out than I realized so one lap and I was ready to head back.
We took a longer route home as there was a gravel road I had always wanted to go on.  It was nice to see different country side.
We then went to visit Mom and Dad and home home to watch my Sunday night TV shows, Diva and Army Wives.

It's nice not to have leisure time we can go places and just visit.

I am grateful for the time spent with different family members over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment