Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Kaden Michael:




Kaden, "relaxing" by laying on a footstool with his legs extended in mid air to a tin toy can.

My great nephew Kaden visited one evening a few weeks ago.  Last winter April picked him up in Rolla and brought him to the house.  He loved it and has repeatedly asked his Mom when April was going to pick him again. If April would visit Kristin and the kids during her lunch hour, Kaden was sure she was going to take him in her car to Aunt Connie's.  Kaden is quite a talker and I think the trip from Rolla to our house was very entertaining for April.
Kaden has changed so much over the past few months.  He has always been a high maintenance child, needed constant attention and always into everything!!  He is much calmer, has excellent manners and behaved very well.
I have a wooden man on my back porch my Grandpa made for me.  He cut it out with a chainsaw and it's quite primitive looking.  It has also scared many a person upon seeing it to the side of the porch.
April called me to the kitchen window to watch Kaden on the back porch.  He had walked up to the man and shook his hand.  Then he was standing there carrying on a conversation with the man.  It was very cute watching him.
One incident of the evening was quite funny, only I didn't see the humor at the time.  Kaden was wanting to do something and I told him no.  He is very persistent and kept asking.  I am not one to give in with a child asking over and over again.  I told him, "When Nonnie says No, she means NO!"
I repeated this answer to him again after his repeated questioning.  He then looks at me with his hand on his hip and says, "Well, when I say yes I mean Yes!!"  Uh! He had me there!!
I did not give in and went on cleaning the kitchen and then it hit me what he said!  I couldn't quit laughing at the little stinker.
We had an entertaining evening and look forward to the next visit.

I am grateful for all of my family and the little off-springs that come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment