Thursday, August 30, 2012

"Friends are God's way of taking care of us."

and God knows when we need a friend to lean on.

I was having a low point last night and was feeling a little blue and teary eyed.

It was the beginning night of the county fair and I took the kids (great-nieces/nephews) over with me.
I had just got a sandwich and soda and headed off to sit on the bleachers in the customary spot I had always sat with Fay and Lorene Hutchison, my fair ma and pa.  (a friend's parents, Dwayne and I sat with them every year and Fay decided they were my "fair ma and pa".  Sharon and I have been talking about putting a plaque on the bleachers commemorating their spot.  Fay and Lorene have both passed away)
I was a little lost in my own thoughts with some disappointment/hurt I experienced that evening.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my dear friend, Patty wave at me.  I went on over to where she sat and spent the whole evening there visiting.  Patty is a great friend, great listener and just what I needed.  We have a history of our lives interweaving periodically.  I can't say enough about how amazing and strong this person is.  She has endured great tragedies in her life and still puts on a smile and brave front.  I admire her very much.  I know her heart hurts so much with her loss, the toll it takes on her emotional and physical health to put that smile on.
I am always there for her and she for me.  We can see automatically if one or the other of us is having a difficult day.  She saw it in my face as soon as she said hello and for that I am so grateful.  We don't have to discuss whatever is going on, we just know and are there for each other.

I am so grateful for friends and their part in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment