Friday, August 10, 2012

Another hospital visit:

Another capitvating moment.

We had yet another hospital visit yesterday.  This one was scheduled and really had a pretty good outcome.
Mom's cardiologist wanted her to come down last week for an exam to see why her heart function dropped so rapidly from March's echo to her to the 20-25% in July.  He then scheduled her for an angio-cath on the 9th.
Judy, Dad, Mom and I took off at 4 a.m. yesterday.  I despise getting up early and my family always thinks I will be late, etc.  I CAN get up early, I just don't like to.
Dr. Roselman did a very thorough testing of the heart valve, pumping mechanism, function level and for any blockage.  Luckily, the by-pass from years ago looks good as well as the stint from 2007.  But her heart rate is very sporadic and she is in atrial-fib, which we already knew but did not know it was that bad.  He is upping her medicine to try to get the heart rate stabilized and that will also help with the congestive heart failue.  She can  regain most of her heart function with the help of this medicine if we can get the heart back in rhythm but if not they will schedule a cardio shock September 14th to shock the system back into a normal rhythm.  Sounds serious (which it is) but there is hope for her to get somewhat better.  Good news!!

Who is the patient here?


lol   I was so tired and they had just got Mom up to sit in a chair for awhile.  There was only two chairs in the room so I sat on the bed and then I thought, "I think I'll just lay on the edge for awhile".
Judy thought that was a good idea so she took the other side.  We then got tickled, a family trait of hysterical laughter soon followed.  I think we were all tired as Dad started laughing, too.
I had him capture how helpful his daughter's were.
When we saw the pictures we couldn't believe how fat the hospital bed made us!!  So we had him retake the picture and showed him how to do it without his finger over the lens......  lol

I tried the trick Lizzy told me to do of putting my hand under my face to hide the double chin.  Uh, might have hid the chin but sure didn't do anything to help the arm!!  lol
Gotta love what I always thought was a myth, "middle age spread" that goes with getting older.
(Actually, I hate it with a passion!!)

It was a long day but with a pretty good outcome.

I am grateful for my family and the sense of humor my Momma has passed on to each of us.  You can find good in every situation and a little laughter thrown in always helps.

1 comment:

  1. I can hear the laughter by looking at the pictures, Judy's laugh is one you can't forget. lol

    ReplyDelete