Monday, August 20, 2012

Sunday at Elrodo Drive:


We had a wonderful Sunday afternoon at the house. The kids came over and Todd barbecued.  The weather was beautiful and a great day to be outside.

Dwayne relaxing instead of working all weekend.

Todd, my master barbecuer.

Chad

What are my guys looking at??????



 Mike riding a horse!  I'm not sure if Mike has ever rode a horse before.  It can be quite intimidating; I know as I rode Black Betty a few minutes before Mike did.  Betty is a tall horse and I haven't rode much at all in my adult years so she seemed even taller.  I was scared!  The horse did fine but nonetheless, I was scared of falling off and it was a long way to the ground.

                                                                                  Mike

"Hey, guys, I made it!!"
lol

Not sure if the boys made a horse back rider out of Mike yet, but I'm sure in time he'll be out with them.  April-don't think so.  It's been so long since she's rode a horse she is scared of them.  (like her Momma)  Black Betty is a very gentle horse and the ride is smooth but I just couldn't let my guard down.  I thought about riding up to Mom and Dad's and surprising them that I was riding again but it seemed a little too far away.  Coming from me, who used to ride a horse all day with my friend, Sherie.

The past weekend was the most relaxing and enjoyable we've had in quite some time.
Chad came over mid morning Saturday to help Dwayne with the cows.  They didn't have to spend the whole day working and came back in around one.  April had come over to visit and we had a bit of family time, minus Todd who was fishing.  It's unplanned days of just hanging out and not doing much that seem to mean the most.
Saturday evening, Dwayne and I went out to eat at Matt's Steakhouse with our good friends, Mike and Susan.  We then went to Sput's for awhile and sat on the deck.  We didn't know any of the people so didn't stay long.  As hot as it's been this summer, it was surprising that we got cold sitting outside.
Finished off the weekend by going to visit Mom and Dad, then stopping by my nephew's to see my sister who was visiting, plus the great nieces and nephews.

I am so grateful for my family and the times we have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment