Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bridge:

The bridge on Highway A is now open!!  I am so excited!!  And I'm sure everyone else around me is too as I have whined and complained the whole two months it's been closed. Not bitterly whining, just stating how much I hate going around all the time.
I tried different routes only to go back to just taking the gravel road from Highway A to Highway 63 through what we call Wadlow Road.
I had just bought a new (to me) vehicle in June and did not want to drive it on gravel roads much.  I drove sooooo slooooooooowwwwwww the first day on the gravel I decided the next day I would go through Rolla.  Well, that didn't work out so well.  Highway 63 had road construction and I had to wait twenty-five minutes and to call into work and tell them I would be late.  I still decided to go home that way and lo and behold! Road construction again!!
So the next day I go back through the gravel-ugh!!  They were brush hogging the right of way and I had to wait, another call into work stating I was running late!!
I had to just admit to myself I was going to have to just tough it out and drive my vehicle on gravel roads everyday and a longer route......which I knew and know!!  I was just being a weeny!
We needed this new bridge so bad and although I complained about the inconvenience I knew I had to just shut up and put up!!  lol

But isn't that the way we are in life too?  The big picture!  We want instant gratification now and our answers from God when we want them and the fastest route, not realizing we have to maybe go through some rough roads, stumbling blocks or other obstacles along the way.  We often look for the short cut, ie something not good for us first.  And I did just that on Sunday, I took the road across the bridge going around equipment, yeah it was faster, but it was WRONG!  And my conscience knew it and I was glad it was shorter, but I did not really feel that good about what I did.

I am GRATEFUL the road is open and grateful I may have just learned a good lesson on patience and endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment