Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend:

Friday:
After work, I picked Ashlyne up from school as she had track practice. She was very excited for her first school dance the next night. She is growing up so fast.

Saturday:
Dwayne had painted the upstairs bathroom and I had been slow about putting the curtains and my collection of rabbits back. I used to collect rabbits and I have many from friends and family. When I redid my kitchen a few years ago I decided to retire my rabbits. But I couldn't just get rid of them, I like each one, so I made the upstairs bathroom my rabbit collection room. My friend, Susan had made me some of the rabbits, bought some for me and made a cross stitch picture of rabbits. I now have them showcased along with a wooden shelf Susan made. (Susan is very crafty, she can make anything, wooden, sewing, etc.) Chad's previous girlfriend, Desiree, had noticed my cross stitch rabbit picture and gave me one that she and her Grandma had made when she was a little girl. It meant alot to me that she was willing to give me something that meant alot to her.
That evening Dwayne and I were going to run into Rolla to eat and pick up a few things from Lowe's. I had called Mom before we left and she was crying. She said she hated to break down in front of me but she just felt awful. We stopped by to see Mom and Dad on the way to town. Mom had quit crying but you could tell she just didn't feel well. I wondered if she had fluid around her heart again as her face was puffy. Overall, Mom has done really good for her age and health problems. I think it is just hard on her not to be able to do all she's done in the past. I told her not to worry about Sunday dinner the next day as she didn't feel good. She said she still wants all of us there to visit and keep up the tradition.
We ate at Wendy's and then headed to Lowe's to pick up stain for the decks. Do you know how hard it is to pick out a stain color? We thought we knew what to get but when you put the stain on a board it looks totally different than what the can shows. Hopefully, we got the right one.
We stopped off at Dairy Queen on the way home to get an ice cream cone. We must be getting older, that's what my Mom and Dad do. LOL
Sunday:
I went to church and Karen did a wonderful job on the sermon. She was dressed as a donkey and did the sermon from the view point of the donkey. She always does an amazing job of taking scripture and putting them into words we understand.
We went to Mom's for dinner. Dwayne had went up earlier to help Mom and do some cleaning for her. What a great guy!
Mom still did not feel well and Judy had all of us girls go in the bedroom and hold hands with Mom and pray for her. I think it upset Ashlyne quite a bit to see Grandma not feeling good. She was very clingy yesterday and would walk up to me several times and hug me for quite a while. We (Ashlyne and I)talked about the possibility of Grandma's dying in the future and even though we would miss her tremendously, we are very grateful to have had such a wonderful, caring Grandma in our lives. It was easy to say those words aloud when in my heart I was just as upset as Ashlyne.
Ashlyne is such a grown-up little girl, always taking the responsibility on her shoulder for everyone else's problems. She is a very good big sister to Zach. She watches out for him and always makes sure he is okay.
Mom wants to continue the Sunday dinners but is really not up to cooking such a huge meal each week. We decided we would all bring dinner in on Sundays so Mom and Dad could visit and not have to worry about the food or cleanup. I am glad our family continues to get together each week.
I took my customary Sunday afternoon nap, not sure I really need it as much as it is a habit.
We had chili for supper, then watched the movie Amish Grace. They movie was based on the Amish school shooting a few years ago. The movie is a good example of forgiveness. The Amish have a very forgiving nature and just because they forgave the shooter did not mean it was an easy decision. Their forgiving nature is a testament each of us should follow. I hadn't cried in quite a while from watching a movie, but this one sure is a heart breaker.
After the movie, I called to check on Mom and Dad. Dad had been sick and vomiting. I could hear him in the background while I was talking to Mom. He sounded awful. Mom and Dad are both going to go to the doctor today.
The sun is shining today and hopefully we will have a beautiful Spring week of weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment