Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chutes and Ladders?

I don't know if Dwayne was trying to play the adult version of the kid game, Chutes & Ladders yesterday or what.
Dwayne was power washing our house and decks yesterday. I had talked to him around 2 p.m. and the day was going good for him. About a half an hour later, he calls me at work to ask Alan where he got the sprayer from. I'm like, what? He asks again. Now, I'm thinking, Dwayne, you always forget stuff but that is really bad if you forgot you bought a sprayer at MFA just yesterday. He then asked me a couple more stupid questions and I'm thinking, WTH!! Then he said, well I don't know if I fell off the roof or the ladder or what happened but I just woke up laying on the back deck. I'm like, WHAT?, are you okay? He said, well I have a knot on my head but I don't know what happened. He didn't know how long he had been knocked out, how it happened, very disoriented. I called Todd and he went straight over to check on Dwayne. The best we can tell by looking at the ladder and deck, the wind must have knocked the ladder (very tall heavy fiberglass ladder propped up to the second story of our house)over and it fell and hit Dwayne on the head. He has bruises on his back, neck, arm and leg. The whole top of his head is swollen and I am sure he has a concussion but he refused to go the doctor. He seems okay today, just sore. Talk about a scare!!

Being the wonderful wife that I am (tongue in cheek), I went on to Jefferson City last night and left Dwayne in the care of April. MacKensie had a volleyball game in Jeff and I went with her and Kate. Since we were in Jeff, I had Kate stop at Victoria's Bridal so I could pick up April's dress for Lindsay Helton's wedding. It turned out the shop was only a block or two from where Kensie's game was. I'm not a sports person, but I did enjoy watching the girls play their first time competion game. They did not win, but they came close. They did very good for their first game.

Overall, yesterday really sucked! I let the stress of everything get to me. Problems with my vehicle being serviced, personal problems, Mom and Dad's health, Dwayne falling. I am afraid I did not handle the day well and succumbed to worry and a bad night's sleep. That is a real problem for me to "Let go and Let God".

I am very grateful for all I have and hope I can trust and believe God will help me see his plan in so many problems in life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! That is scary about Dwayne! Glad that he is okay tho! And tell him that my house needs powerwashed...and there is not a second story :)

    ReplyDelete