Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend:

Friday:
Work wasn't very busy and that was good as I wasn't very productive anyway. I was not prepared to be so exhausted and sore from the biopsy. That night Dwayne fixed tuna salad sandwiches and brought me one in the living room. It was nice to be waited on.
Saturday:
Still didn't do too much, several loads of laundry and just resting. Zach came over to spend the night and to help Uncle Dwayne the next day. He enjoys spending time with Dwayne.
Sunday:
I went to church but left early as I wasn't feeling well. Mom fixed dinner so I went up there for awhile. There weren't as many there as usual but we had a good time visiting. I then went home and rested for the afternoon.
Sunday supper was only Dwayne, April, Mike and I. The boys had went riding and camping. We had pot roast, potatoes, carrots, corn, (about the only vegetable Mike likes, so we have it quite often) lemon cake and home frozen peaches Mom sent down. I love her frozen peaches, they almost taste fresh.

I feel like a big wuss complaining about still not feeling well from the biopsy but I feel like it literally knocked me on my butt. I called Dr. Wang's office today and the nurse checked with him and he said it was natural to still be so sore as the "core biopsy" takes out a round sliver of the liver (whoops, rhyming there)and the tissue and muscle they go through takes awhile to heal and with my immune system, it takes even longer. That is good that it is normal but I'd like to just feel good and not have pain. I'm not very patient at waiting around for the time it takes to heal, I want it healed now!! Guess I need to just take it one day at a time and not rush the process.

I am so glad Spring is just around the corner. I love Spring, I feel so energized and try to get everything done inside and out as soon as possible, then when Summer gets here, it's too hot and I just don't like taking care of plants anymore. I'm going to try to do better this summer and have some potted plants on the porch. I enjoy everyone's flowers but do not take the time to have them at my house. Hopefully, I'll do better this year.

2 comments:

  1. Darn I missed out on Tuna Salad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, we waited for you to be gone so we could have tuna salad all to ourselves!! LOL

    ReplyDelete