Thursday, March 4, 2010

Life in General:

Life... Well, each day is amazing in itself. Whether we have a good day or bad, each day is a precious gift from God. When you stop to think about the miracle of life from beginning to end it almost takes your breath away. "God is Good, God is Great" is an amazing truth. When life is good, we thank God, when life is not going so good, we blame God. Why, God? Why? Why do we not say, Why, Devil? Why? Not everything good or bad comes from God, but how we handle the trying times says alot about us.

I'm having a "mini trial" right now with my health. Nothing serious, I'm sure, but still a time of worry. My liver enzymes have been elevated for several years, not alarmingly high levels, but high none-the-less. I had a liver biopsy done on Tuesday, the 2nd. I had thought they would sedate me for the biopsy, but that was not the case. You have to be awake to take a deep breath at the time of the biopsy. When the doctor explained how he would give lido cane to the site and it would numb the area, I thought, great - pain, pain, pain! But I was pleasantly surprised that it did not hurt that much. I did not even feel pain as the seven inch biopsy needle was inserted. There was increased pressure and an amazing stabbing type pain across my whole abdomen at the time of the biopsy, but that was it. The only thing I was worried about was if we would get out in time for me to get a Hardees breakfast biscuit. I love their bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits. Luckily, we got out at 10:40 a.m. and the Hardees by the mall serves breakfast until 11 a.m.
Dwayne was a good "nurse" for the day. I anticipated having an ache at the biopsy site but not for having what I can only describe as a spasm that started at the top of my right hip, up through my side and down my arm. It hurt so bad! I couldn't even turn over in bed or get up. Dwayne, bless his heart, would have to literally pick me up off the bed so I could get up. This muscle spasm or whatever lasted on into the night. I thought I would get relief and sleep with the pain pills but for some strange reason, pain pills keep me awake and this particular pain pill caused me to break out in hives and very, very itchy. I didn't get much sleep during the night or yesterday but I slept very sound last night and feel much better today.
I am back to work today and it feels good to have a routine to get back into.

No comments:

Post a Comment