Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend:

Friday:
I talked Dwayne into going shopping with me. The last few years April and I have been grocery shopping together and we kind of have a method going. If there was something down one aisle we need one of us would just go and get it and catch up with each other at the end of an aisle. Dwayne doesn't get this method, he thinks I'm just dashing off and then he loses me. But I am still glad he went with me. For some reason buying groceries wears me out anymore.
We stopped at the Road Kill Grill on the way home and had their pulled pork sandwiches. They have very good food and service. Their advertisement is below with directions if anyone is interested.

Saturday:

Bradley James Feeler
My nephew, R.J. Feeler, brought his little boy Bradley down for a visit. Bradley is such a sweet little boy. He never got into anything and just sat and played with the toys. I enjoyed their visit.
The rest of the day I cleaned house and that evening, Dwayne and I watched TV and went to bed early.
Sunday:
Desmon
I went to church Sunday and then came home to what I thought was going to be a relaxing afternoon. I didn't count on watching Desmon for a few hours while Chad went horseback riding. We played with the cows and each time Desmon comes for a visit he remembers from the first time we played and how we set up the hay, the pond, etc. We play it the same way each time. When it was time to start supper, Desmon wanted to help. He followed directions and "helped" me fix the dessert and macaroni and cheese. Both recipes I borrowed from Pioneer Woman.


Todd grilled hamburgers when he got there. Finally, I had all three of my kids for a meal at the same time. Desmon kept us entertained throughout the meal and afterward. I think he really needs to be around other kids as he is only with adults and tends to talk and play rough. He does have a sweet side when it's just one on one with him. He will sit on my lap to watch TV or read a book. Then he'll look up and say, I love you Miss Connie. Then he'll turn around and be a little wild man!! Guess you gotta take the good with the bad.
I had a great weekend visiting with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment