Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Movie Night:


Kate rented the movie, Julie & Julia for our movie night and brought movie candy (hot tamales, malt balls, junior mints). April brought pizzas and we had a pizza fest before watching the movie. What started out as a sister's night, has now grown to include niece-in-laws, great nieces and nephews.
Along with Judy, were her daughter-in-law, Billie, Troy's girlfriend, Missy, and Judy's grandchildren, Ashlyne, Zach and Elizabeth. It was also Kate, MacKensie, me and April. Quite a living room full!! (Dwayne decided to retreat to the basement).
The movie was better than I expected it to be. With Julie blogging about Julia Child's cookbook reminded me of reading thepioneerwoman.com's blog and buying her cookbook. Actually, I have two of Ree Drummond's cookbooks. I had ordered one for April and one for me. The best present of all was April buying me the book for a Christmas present. April doesn't like to read, so for her to read Ree's blog and order the cookbook for me was very special.
Kate had rented a movie for the kids to watch upstairs. For some reason, they wanted to stay and watch our "old lady" movie with us.
It is a treasure for my family to live close by and we can get together occasionally without waiting for holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment