Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chicken Litter!!

I had a visitor at work today that requested to see Connie about ordering a ton of chicken litter. Sheila sent him to my office. This guy comes in, hair in a pony tail, beard, mustache, grungy work clothes and asking about chicken litter. I told him he must have the wrong place as we only have pet food. He said, no, they told me to come to Black Gold and ask for Connie and that I could set him up an account to order chicken litter over the internet. I took him up to Sheila's office and asked her if she knew what he was talking about, he then again said he was told he could buy chicken litter here. I once again tell him he must be at the wrong place. Then he smiled and I thought, that smile looks kind of familiar. I go, Chris Brouk, is that you?
Anyone that knows Chris knows he a bullshitter!! He loves playing pranks. I hadn't seen Chris in over ten years so it was good to see him again. I think my bosses wondered about me as I gave him a big hug after I figured out who he was. We then went back to my office and visited for almost a half an hour. It was good to see Chris again and catch up on life events. We very sadly remembered his kids, Adrian and Kyle and reminisced about their childhood.
So the next time someone comes in and asks for off the wall items, I will be prepared and look for it to be Chris.

3 comments:

  1. lol That's funny. You were just talking the other day that we haven't seen in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is even more of a coincident as I was just talking this morning at the doctor's office about my friend, Sherie not eating pork because her husband, Chris, would always say, "Aw, you're eating poor Arnold". And then who walks in the door today! Chris!! And of all things, he brings up the meat episode of teasing Sherie about Arnold the pig. Creepy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny never heard of chicken litter. Glad you got to have a nice visit with him though.

    ReplyDelete