Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
Instead of going out, we had our steak dinner at home.
Saturday:
Dwayne got the opportunity to borrow some equipment to fix the dam and spillway to our lake in Vichy.

I worked around the house some and watched a movie, The Boss.  It wasn't as good as I thought it would be.  In the afternoon, I raked and burned leaves.  I LOVE burning leaves.  I found I don't have the stamina I used to have.
Got ready and went to Bubba Workman's wedding reception.  Bubba grew up a couple miles from our house and spent much times with us growing up.  I'm so happy for him to have found a beautiful wife.  All the kids were at the reception.  Dwayne had to keep working at the lake so he wasn't able to join us.  Cash came home with me for the night.  He played with Grandpa until Grandpa got onto him for something, then he was Grandma's boy.
Sunday:
Before church, Cash and I enjoyed a tea party.  He loves doing this and I enjoy it too.

Afterwards, we went to church.  Cash did real well.  We played in the nursery after the singing was done.
Stopped at Quick Spot to get lottery tickes, chips and bug juice.  Went home to change clothes and then on to the lake to see Grandpa working.
Cash thought he was pretty big riding with Grandpa.  We left and went to Dustin's for ;Noah's birthday party.  Cash was pretty excited as he had helped me wrap Noah's present the night before and he insisted he hold it on the way there.  We had a great barbecue and the weather was so nice out.  Cash played with Noah and rode toys around the yard.  He had a good time.  Wish I'd had my camera to take their picture.
When we got  home, Grandpa was there.  We helped him feed the cows.  It's quite the experience.  I hadn't gone with them before.  When we get to the field, Grandpa lets Cash "drive".  We make alot of zigs and zags across the field.  When we get backed up to the hay, Cash knows how to operate the lever to pick it up.  Him and Grandpa sing and say crazy stuff real loud and Cash cracks up laughing.  When we got to the field where the cows are, Cash gets to drive again.  He gets such a kick out of it, you can't help smiling or laughing the whole time.  He also knows how to operate the lever to unload the hay.  He loves doing this and I can see how Grandpa loves it too.
After playing at the house for awhile, we took him home.  Luckily, we know the detour now and it doesn't take us forever.
Iva was her usual happy self.  She's almost crawling which is quite the feat as she hates being on her stomach.  But she's starting to like it more.  We played with the kids for awhile and then went home.

I am grateful for the beautiful weather we've been having.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I bet Cash had a blast!

    ReplyDelete