Friday, February 24, 2017

Coincidence: Aaron Allen

I used to work at Black Gold Pet Food as a bookkeeper.  I loved the job but unfortunately they sold the business in 2013.
While working there, John's son, Aaron came to work for awhile.  Aaron had very low self confidence but he did a great job.  I often told him what a good job he was doing and you could see the smile on his face.
In 2013, Aaron came down with a rare disease (I don't remember the name now) and it was putting pressure on the spinal column.  A surgeon at Barnes Hospital in St. Louis performed surgery on Aaron.  He came out of the surgery paralyzed from the waist down.  A very unfortunate event as it could have been prevented.  The surgeon was at fault.  Finally in 2016, Aaron was awarded a settlement.  He was having a new house built with the latest technology for a handicapped house.
I periodically call Aaron and check on him.  The last time I spoke to him was in January.  He was in the hospital in Kansas City and was looking forward to getting his house finished.  He invited me to come see it when he got moved in.
Last night, I had the strangest dream in which Aaron and my friend's little boy Blake were going to Columbia with me.  Why this combination of people, I don't know.  I was going a little too fast going around a diesel and the car went out of control and we wrecked.  Luckily, we weren't hurt, except for Blake.  He had a small gash on his forehead.  I wanted to call Shelley but couldn't find her phone number.  You know how in a dream, you are frantically trying to do something but just can't get it done.  Apparently, my phone had wiped out all my phone numbers in the accident.  I was so desperate to get hold of Shelley and just couldn't.  I was in a state of panic.  Aaron was finally able to locate my phone numbers.  The dream ended then.
This morning, I learned Aaron passed away during the night in his sleep.  Hit me kinda hard as I had just dreamed about him.
I am so sorry for the family.  They've been through alot in the last couple years.

I am grateful to have know Aaron Allen.

1 comment: