Monday, October 13, 2014

Weekend Update:

Friday:
Got off work early and went home and took a long nap.  I've been extremely tired lately.  Then I went to Wal-Mart's where I spent too much, as usual.
When I got home, Lizzy and Nathan were there to watch TV.  I fell asleep on the couch.  Not sure what time Tony picked them up.
Saturday:
Dwayne and the boys started stripping cane for us to make molasses next weekend.  Liz came over mid morning.  She had found a video on facebook to make rose looking flowers by using leaves.  She did pretty good.
Lizzy and her leaf rose
My cousin, John Williams and wife, Charlotte were celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary in the afternoon.  We stopped and picked up Mom and Dad.  Mom has such a hard time getting around anymore; it's so sad.  I will never be able to take her anywhere by myself again.  Luckily, she didn't fall any, but we had such a hard time getting her in to the church where the reception was held.  They had about ten steps to go up.  Mom just doesn't have the strength in her legs to climb or walk very far without help.  We were fortunate a man behind us helped Dad get her up the steps.  I knew if it was that hard to get her up the steps, it would be almost impossible for her to get back down without falling.  I found a ramp (rather steep and extremely long) that went to the front door of the church.  I was afraid her rolling walker would go too fast but thankfully, it all worked out.
John and Charlotte had a nice reception with a large amount of people attending.  First time in years, I've been to anything where they use actual dessert plates and punch cups.  Made it seem extra special.
That evening, Lizzy went home and we got ready to meet some friends at Moreland's for supper.  (to us, dinner is at lunch time.  Rednecks, I guess)
Phil and Carol's daughter, Jasa was home for a few days from Hawaii.  We hadn't seen her in years.  It was good catching up on her life and hearing about living in Hawaii.  Her and her husband had vacationed there for years and loved it; then they were fortunate to find jobs and move there.  Jasa said it is much different being a tourist than actually living on the island.  They don't like it and are moving back to New Mexico.
Carol, Jasa and Me
Moreland's was very busy and I didn't think the food was that great.  I ordered smothered chicken and that's all you get.  No sides or bread.  I think we'll stick to eating at Sput's.  Cheaper and less people.
We had a great time and Dacoda was loving all the attention he was getting as he's the Champion Mutton Buster of Missouri.  (and no, the beer isn't mine)
Dacoda Bailey
He loves the crowd
 
 We stayed and visited quite awhile.  They probably wanted to clear our table up, but it was so nice to visit friends and just have a good time.

I am grateful for family and friends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment