Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Weekend Postscript:

Lizzy, my little side-kick.
 
Even though I was tired Friday evening, how could I forget what I did???????
After work, I went to Belle for a young man's wedding.  I used to take Jason and his brother to church every Sunday.  Occasionally, they would spend the night.  Jason called me last week to see if I would come to his wedding and that it meant so much to him me taking him to church and the times he spent at our house.  I have to admit it made me feel good to hear that, as we often took in kids that didn't have a good home life.  I hear from most of them once in awhile, but hadn't from Jason.  It's nice to know our efforts did make an impact on his life.
 
Dwayne and I did watch TV and eat in the living room after a long work week, but how could I forget that Lizzy arrived around 9 p.m. to watch TV with me and spend the night?  She is a highlight to our life as she's so full of energy and VERY talkative.  Sometimes she talks so fast, you can't keep up.  But that's our Lizzy.  Even though I was tired, I stayed up 'til midnight watching TV with  her.  She brings such joy to us.
 
I am grateful my memory hasn't totally left me even when it takes awhile to kick in........

No comments:

Post a Comment