Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekend Update:

 
  Friday:
I had a visitation to go to in Rolla.  Brother Leroy Nixon, a preacher we had when we went to Spring Creek Baptist Church had passed away.  I was hoping to see several of the members that went to Spring Creek when we went there, but most of them had already left.  Did get to see a few.
Then the dreaded trip to Wal-Mart.  I've been buying my groceries locally but hadn't got around to it so went to Wal-Mart while I was in Rolla.  MISTAKE-I spent too much money!!  But I needed laundry detergent, dishwasher, toilet paper, etc that runs the bill up.  I was so hoping Dwayne would be home from the field to help me unload, but no such luck.  Oh well, I need the exercise. 
Saturday:
Lazed around for awhile and then did my household chores.  In the afternoon, I met a friend, Susan and we went over to our friend, Bobbie's house to see her little granddaughter.
Me, Susan and Baby Hazel

Charlie and Cori
The reversible quilt I made them.  Cardinals on one side and Mizzou on the other.
My brother-in-law, David also showed up to visit.  He needs our prayers as he's not been feeling well and lost twenty pounds.
We had a good visit.
Then home to water the garden and flowers.  It was so humid out.  There was a lot of thunder and a little bit of lightening, but we didn't get a much needed rain.  Cooked my chicken for Sunday dinner and made Chad's favorite dessert.
Sunday:
Went to church.  It was a bittersweet day as it was Pastor Rebecca's last day preaching.  I'm really going to miss her; she had really good sermons and was just a joy to be around.
Not long after I got home, April and Cash came over.  Mike was in the hay field.  I started putting my chicken pot pie together and Dwayne decided to help.  I love it he helps me now, but I could have done a much better job on the pot pie without him.  He talked me into dividing up into two pies as he didn't think it would all fit into one.  I think just one pie and a thicker broth mixture would have been better.  I can't complain, he did help.  lol
Todd came by a little later and got in some good uncle time. 
 
Uncle Todd and Cash
 
 Chad came by not much later.  He's usually running late so it was a nice surprise when him and Desmon got there early.  Cash loves Desmon and watches him constantly.  I thought I took a picture of Chad and Cash playing but it wasn't on my phone.  Both uncles got in a lot of time with their nephew.  A nice afternoon.
 
 
I am so grateful for these times with my family.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment